Dr. Pino D'Amico
Dip. Fisica Informatica e Matematica, UniMoRe
CNR-NANO Istituto Nanoscienze, Centro S3
phone: +39 059 20558122 | fax: +39 059 367488
url : amuse.nano.cnr.it
- Since Sep 2014 – Research Fellow UNIMORE Modena, IT
My research interests involve transport in nano-junctions with diverse active elements (superconductors, molecules, nanowires), physical properties of confined few-atoms systems in presence of interaction and recently Transparent Conductive Oxides (TCO).
The theoretical investigations are based on non-equilibrium Green function, Master-Equation Techniques, Configuration Interaction methods and recently Density Functional Theory approaches.
- P. D’Amico, A. Calzolari, A. Ruini, and A. Catellani, "New energy with ZnS: novel applications for a standard transparent compound", Sci. Rep. 7, 16805 (2017).
- A. R. Supka, T. E. Lyons, L. Liyanage, P. D’Amico, R. A. R. Al Orabi, S. Mahatara, P. Gopal, C. Toher, D. Ceresoli, A. Calzolari, S. Curtarolo, Marco Buongiorno Nardelli, and Marco Fornari, "AFLOWπ: A minimalist approach to high-throughput ab initio calculations including the generation of tight-binding hamiltonians", Comput. Mater. Sci. 136, 76 (2017).
- P. D’Amico, L. Agapito, A. Catellani, A. Ruini, S. Curtarolo, M. Fornari, M. Bongiorno Nardelli, and A. Calzolari, "Accurate ab initio tight-binding Hamiltonians: effective tools for electronic transport and optical spectroscopy from first principles", Phys. Rev. B 94, 165166 (2016).
- P. D'Amico and M. Rontani, “Pairing of few Fermi atoms in one dimension”, arXiv:14047762 (2014).
- P. D'Amico and M. Rontani, “Three interacting atoms in a one-dimensional trap: A benchmark system for computational approach”, Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics 47, 065303 (2014).
- P. D'Amico, P. Marconcini, G. Fiori and G. Iannaccone, “Engineering interband tunneling in nanowires with diamond cubic or zincblende crystalline structure based on atomistic modeling”, IEEE Trans. Nanotechnol. 12, 839 (2013).
- G. Fiori , A. Betti, S. Bruzzone, P. D'Amico and G. Iannaccone, “Nanodevices in flatland: Two-dimensional Graphene-based transistor with high Ion/Ioff ratio”, Electronic Devices Meeting (IEDM), IEEE (2011) DOI: 10.1109/IEDM.2011.6131533
- D. A. Ryndyk, P. D'Amico and K. Richter, “Single-spin polaron memory effect”, Phys. Rev. B 81, 115333 (2010).
- P. D'Amico, D. A. Ryndyk, G. Cuniberti and K. Richter, “Charge-memory effect in a polaron model: equation-of-motion method for Green functions”, New J. Phys. 10, 085002 (2008).
- D. A. Ryndyk, P. D'Amico, G. Cuniberti and K. Richter, “Charge-memory polaron effect in molecular junctions”, Phys. Rev. B 78, 085409 (2008).
- F. Giazotto, F. Taddei, P. D'Amico, R. Fazio and F. Beltram, “Nonequilibrium spin-dependent phenomena in mesoscopic superconductor-normal metal tunnel structures”, Phys. Rev. B 76, 184518 (2007).
- P. D'Amico, L. Fronzoni, I. A. Maione and L. Palatella, “Experimental defect dynamics driven by phase gradient in liquid-crystal electro-convective pattern”, Physica D-Nonlinear Phenomena 197, 364 (2004).