Dr. Luca Bursi
CNR-NANO Istituto Nanoscienze, Centro S3
phone: +39 059 2055273 | fax: +39 059 374794
url : amuse.nano.cnr.it
Present position & appointments
- Since Aug 2020 – Senior Postdoctoral Researcher, CNR-NANO S3, via Campi 213/A, 41125, Modena, Italy.
- Academic visitor, Dept. of Physics, University of North Texas (UNT), 1155 Union Cir., Denton, TX 76203, USA.
- 05/2019 – 07/2020: Dept. of Physics, UNT, Denton, TX 76203, USA. Postdoctoral Research Associate.
- 05/2019 – 05/2020: Dept. of Physics and Astronomy & Laboratory for Nanophotonics, Rice University, 6100 Main St., Houston, TX 77005, USA. Academic visitor.
- 05/2017 – 05/2019: Dept. of Physics and Astronomy & Laboratory for Nanophotonics, Rice University, 6100 Main St., Houston, TX 77005, USA. Postdoctoral Research Associate.
- Mar. 2017: PhD in Physics and Nano Sciences (cum Laude). Dept. of Physics, Informatics and Mathematics, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy. Advisors: Prof. Stefano Corni, Dr. Arrigo Calzolari, Prof. Elisa Molinari.
- Oct. 2013: MSc in Physics (cum Laude). University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy. Advisors: Prof. Stefano Corni, Dr. Arrigo Calzolari, Prof. Elisa Molinari.
- Oct. 2010: BSc in Physics (cum Laude). University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy. Advisors: Dr. Carlo Cavazzoni, Prof. Giorgio Santoro.
- May – Jul. 2010: Visiting Student. CINECA Supercomputing Center, Bologna, Italy. Advisor: Dr. Carlo Cavazzoni.
- Dec. 2018: 2018 Innovative Collaborative Grant Award, Department of Nanomedicine, Houston Methodist & Rice University, Houston, TX, USA. Project entitled: Implantable continuous-mode device for early-stage detection and treatment of inflammation state caused by any implanted foreign body.
- 2013 – 2018: 5 ISCRA Grants for supercomputing resources at CINECA (4 as PI; 1 as Co-PI).
Coauthor of 10 publications in international peer-reviewed journals (2 as first author). Citations: 173; h-index: 7 (source: Google Scholar, August 31th 2020). Author ID on ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-4530-0424. Author ID on Scopus: 56575141100. Scientific communications include 2 seminars, 7 oral and 10 poster contributions in 18 international conferences; plus 4 orals and 4 posters accepted in 3 conferences then cancelled in 2020.
Referee for several ISI journals including Physical Review B, ACS Nano, Nature Physics, Nanoscale, Physical Review X, Chemical Communications, Chemical Physics Letters, Materials, Sensors, Coatings, Applied Sciences, Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids. Publons verified records: https://publons.com/a/1582985; merit: 90th percentile.
- American Physical Society and Material Research Society, since 2019.
- Italian Society of Chemistry (2018–2019); Royal Society of Chemistry (2015–2016).
Teaching and Mentorship
2019 - Teaching Assistant (to graduate students) for the Course of Multiphysics Modeling (ESEL 677 002, 26231), ECE Department, Rice University, held by Prof. Alessandro Alabastri (3 credit hours).
2016 - Teaching Assistant for the Course of Quantum Mechanics, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, funded by the Italian Government (35 hrs.).
2014 – 2015 -Teaching Assistant (to undergraduate students) for the Course of Quantum Mechanics, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia (70 hrs.).