Dr. Francesco Tavanti
CNR-NANO Istituto Nanoscienze, Centro S3
phone: +39 059 2055273 | fax: +39 059 374794
url : amuse.nano.cnr.it | www.nano.cnr.it/?mod=peo&id=136
Present position & appointments
- Since Jan 2020 - Researcher CNR-NANO S3 Modena, IT
2017-2019 Postdoctoral fellow, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia. Group: Prof. MC Menziani
Education and visiting stays
- 2014-2016, PhD Models and Methods for Material and Environmental Sciences. University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy (www.unimore.it) Supervisor: Prof. M.C. Menziani
- 06/2015-11/2015 Visiting student at Department of Materials Sciences and Engineering, MIT, MA USA (dmse.mit.edu)
- 2009-2013, Master's degree in Medical Physics, University of Pisa, Italy (www.unipi.it)
Projects and fundings
- AR2018-Junior Computer-aided Rational Design of Functionalized Gold Nanoparticles as Inhibitors of Amyloid-β Oligomerization for Alzheimer’s Disease Treatment”. Research project funded by University di Modena e Reggio Emilia, 32K€, PI
- ISCRA-C grant (2017): Curcumin-like compounds for Amyloid Inhibition, Marconi@CINECA (Tier 1); 26Khrs, PI.
- PRACE – Preparatory Access (2016): Insight into Silver Nanocube-protein interaction by computational simulations, Fermi@CINECA (Tier 0), 100Khrs; MareNostrum@BSC-CNS (Tier 0), 50Khrs; coll.
- ISCRA-C grant (2016): Gold nanoparticles interacting with Alzheimer’s fibrils, Galileo@CINECA (Tier 1), 35Khrs; PI
- ISCRA-C grant (2015): Proteins corona formation on gold nanoparticles, Galileo@CINECA (Tier 1), 75Khrs; PI
Prizes and awards
- One of the best 10 papers published by a young chemist (under 35) in Italy during the Primo Levi prize 2017 of Italian Chemical Society.
- Mention for the most popular video during the Primo Levi 2017 prize
- Winner of “Present your research in 150 seconds” of ChemPubSoc Europe e Young group of the Austrian Chemistry Association.
2016 - 2019 “Hands on” computational exercises for the course “Chimica computazionale” held by Prof. Menziani M. C. Course of Master’s degree in Chemistry, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia.
2019 “Hands on” computational exercises for the course “Chimica fisica e spettroscopia molecolare” held by Prof. Menziani M. C. Course of Master’s degree in Chemistry, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia.
Talks and seminars
1. Tavanti F., Pedone, A., Menziani, M. C. “Computational Simulations of the interaction between Gold Nanoparticles and Biological Medium”, CECAM workshop Biomolecular mechanisms at functionalized solid surfaces, Paris, 14-17 May 2019.
2. Tavanti F., Pedone, A., Menziani, M. C., “Gold Nanoparticles as Amyloid-beta fibril inhibitors”, Extended Software Development Workshop (ESDW) at E-CAM, Lyon, 09 April 2019.
3. Tavanti F., “CHI (ri)CERCA, TROVA”, scientific disclosure at secondary school G. Marcelli, Foiano della Chiana (Ar), Italy, 23 March 2019.
4. Tavanti, F., Pedone, A., Menziani, M. C., “Understanding the Gold Nanoparticles-Proteins Interactions by Molecular Dynamics Simulations”, Molecular Dynamics Today MD2 meeting, Bologna, Italy, March 14-15 2019.
5. Tavanti, F., Ferrari E., Pedone, A., Menziani, M. C. “Computational Study of Curcumin-derivatives for Alzheimer’s Disease Treatment”, Italian Chemical Society, Paestum (Sa), Italy, September 10-14 2017.
6. Tavanti, F., Pedone, A., Menziani, M. C. “Specific Interactions of Gold Nanoparticles with Amyloid-β fibrils”. Italian Chemical Society, DCTC 2015, Rome, Italy, December 14-16, 2015.
7. Tavanti, F., Pedone, A., Menziani, M. C. “Monolayer-protected Gold Nanoparticles interacting with Amyloid-β fibrils: a Computational Study”. Giornata della Chimica dell’Emilia Romagna, Modena, Italy, December 18, 2015.